Terms and Conditions
Welcome to MindfulSecurity.com – The Awareness Resource. If you continue to browse and use this website you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following terms and conditions of use, which together with our copyright notice and website disclaimer govern MindfulSecurity.com’s relationship with you in relation to this website.
The term ‘MindfulSecurity.com’, ‘us’, ‘our’, ‘my’, ’we’ or ‘I’ refers to the owner of the website – Paul Johnson. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
MindfulSecurity.com is not a company, it is a privately run website created, owned and maintained by Paul Johnson.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You are free to create a link to this website from another website or document without our written consent.
This website and its content is copyright of Paul Johnson - © 2009. All rights are reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
you may print or download to a local hard disk any articles for personal or internal business use only
you may use the article content within your own business to raise employee information security awareness if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material
you may adapt the article content as you see fit, if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material
you may transmit or store article content on other websites (internal or external) if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material
you may copy or share the articles with other third parties for their personal or internal business use, but only if you acknowledge this website as the source of the material
you may download or share the videos, animations or screensavers for personal or internal business use
Any material acknowledgements for this site must be in the form of a full URL (i.e. http://mindfulsecurity.com). This must be a hyperlink if the acknowledgement is on another Internet site.
You may not, except with our express written permission, commercially exploit any of the content.
You may not use any of the images found in any of the articles as these images are only licensed for this site.
With the exception of the articles, you may not modify, or attempt to modify, any of the freely downloadable materials.
- The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by MindfulSecurity.com and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
- The views and opinions expressed on this website are those of Paul Johnson only, and in no way represent the views, positions or opinions – expressed or implied – of my employer or anyone else.
- In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
- Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under our control. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
- Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, we take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
Frequently Asked Questions
(1) Can I use the articles on this site in my business?
Absolutely, that one of the main aims of this site. You are free to use any of the articles on the site within your own businesses or adapt any of the content as appropriate. However, if you do use or modify any of the content, you must reference this site. You may not use the images in any of the articles as these are licensed for this site only.
(2) This is a great site, can I add this site to my website
Yes! Please do – the more people that visit the site, the better.
(3) Can I post a article to this site?
Sure, please get in touch, outlining the article you wish to post. The article must be your own work and you will be referenced for your work. Any articles that are posted become the copyright of MindfulSecurity.com.
(4) Are your screensavers, videos and animations really free?!
Yes, you are free to use the screensavers or videos as you please. You may use them personally or within your own businesses. You may not make any modifications without my express permission. If you wish to add your own logo to any of the freely downloadable materials; please contact me.
(5) I have a suggestion or idea for information security awareness
Great! – please get in touch. I welcome new ideas and may be able to create some materials for you or even a whole campaign around the idea.